Monday, June 7, 2010

picture definition of domestic

Saturday night little one was sound asleep,
and hubby was tinkering in the garage...
What's a wifey to do with so much time on her hands?

I decided to bake one of hubby's favorite cakes...
it's SUPER easy, low in sugar and calories, too!
O, and it's chocolate.
Hubby = Choc-aholic
It's the most moist (say that 10x's fast)
spongy chocolate cake you'll ever eat!



::Recipe for Mexican Chocolate Cake::

{ingredients}
 5 egg whites
2 1/2 c. applesauce - no sugar added
1 box reduced fat/sugar chocolate cake mix
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon

{topping}
2 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon

{directions}
Pre-heat oven to 350
Beat egg whites with electric mixer, until foamy.
Mix in applesauce, add dry cake mix, vanilla, & cinnamon.
Mix at medium speed for 1 min.  
Coat a 9x13in pan. with non-stick spray for baking (meaning with flour)
Spread cake batter in pan.
Mix topping and sprinkle on top.
Bake for 25-30 min.



Even better topped with whipped cream, ice cream, or strawberries!
Follow with an ice cold glass of milk.

 hubby loved it.

While that deliciousness baking, I decided to pull my 
Christmas gift new sewing machine out of the closet...
and learn how to use it!
So, that's just what I did.

With the smell of chocolate cake filling our home,
I popped in the Brother DVD and was on my way 
to becoming a sew-aholic!
Can't wait to show you what I work on this week 
while my sweet mom is in town!

Hubby walked in from the garage, grabbed the camera,
and said "you are the picture definition of domestic."
click.




I'm so thankful for my hubby who loves 
and appreciates my domestic talents!

 
 He is the perfect man for me!
 i love him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your sweet comments! i hope you enjoyed your time at a peace of home today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails