Friday, October 29, 2010

cali antique market treasures!

a couple of weeks ago the fam flew out to cali to visit our siblings & we had a fabulous time!
the weather was a tad cloudy, but it was cool, and when the sun popped out it was just beautiful!

kisses in malibu

dada and little one playing in the sand

and before we headed home on sunday, we shopped for local treasures at the long beach antique market!
if i lived anywhere close, i would have rented the largest u-haul possible and filled it to the brim!

long beach antique market 
the entire back lot is full of furniture!

 
long beach antique market
 check out that aerial view!

long beach antique market 
antiques of all kinds!

oh. my. goodness.
hub's had to reign me in & remind me that what we bought had to fit in a suitcase,
along with everything we'd packed going out there, and still be under 50lbs.
i love a challenge :)
we bought three pillow shams and a gorgeous rug! yes, a 5x8 rug!
hubby rolled the rug tighter than tight and packed it in his carry on bag.
wow. a man after my own heart!
it definitely wouldn't have fit in my bag...

here are my treasures...


  initial burlap & linen pillow
$15.00
from the tarnished crown...she's super sweet and sells precious things!

light brown trellis-ish pillows. so lovely.


 the brown really anchors the colors on that side of the room
both for only $30!

and my favorite find of all...
this amazing cream and brown rug! pictures don't do it justice.
it was truly a steal at only $40.


i think it ties the whole space together beautifully!

next time we go to cali, we're driving a u-haul!

and if you live there
{1} i'm seriously jealous.
{2} you should go every chance you get!

**linking up at Shabby Nest Frugal Friday**

6 comments:

  1. Wow - that rug is awesome!! And for $40?! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...that $40 rug looks outstanding...I'm in the market for some area rugs and this one has really caught my eye! I also love both of those pillows.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO jealous right now! Those are all awesome. That rug is my dream rug!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I am so jealous too!!!! I love everything!! I would have rented the uhaul for sure!!!! I live on the opposite side of the country but I love Cali and I may have to make a trip sooner than later =)

    Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for all of your sweet complements on my thrifty rug! i hope you all find the rug of your dreams for $40, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of your rug! Thank you for featuring the pillows you bought from me and I'm so happy that you love them. It was such a pleasure meeting my fellow Texans! thanks for following my blog and I plan to follow yours.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your sweet comments! i hope you enjoyed your time at a peace of home today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails