Monday, December 13, 2010

my 1st antique auction

this past weekend, my sweet parents kept Cade at their house
while hubby and i had a fabulous weekend to ourselves!
no schedules, bedtimes, diaper bags, strollers, etc. 
but let me just say, we were dying to see out little one come sunday afternoon


we started the weekend off with a bang at an incredible european antique auction on thursday evening.
i had browsed their selection online the day before, and i had my eye on a few pieces...
never dreaming we would actually walk away with them!

first up, an antique european watercolor.
i just love the dainty cottages and the majestic cathedral in the background and 
it's in the color scheme of our family room. I have the perfect place for it.


and my favorite piece, that left me drooling after first seeing pictures,
a nautical chandelier for hubby's office!

i have a feeling it will be a family heirloom!
we are in the process of getting it rewired because the wires are falling apart,
but hopefully it will be hanging in his office soon!

even if we hadn't purchased anything that evening, 
we still would have had a an amazing experience. 
the pieces in that room were absolutely breath taking, and I plan to go back again just for the fun of it!

have you ever been to an antique auction? if not, you need to find one in your town ASAP!



1 comment:

  1. Love the picture and wish I could get to an antique auction!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your sweet comments! i hope you enjoyed your time at a peace of home today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails