Thursday, February 17, 2011

laundry room inspiration

I saw this laundry room months ago, and don't even remember where!
If you know, please remind me so I can give credit where credit is due.


At the time, my laundry room was a white box.
 white appliances, white walls, white tile, white ceiling, white shelves, white storage bins.
aaaack!
My heart smiled as it thought of washing and folding clothes in a room like this.

I showed Hubby, so for my birthday present he whipped up the dream laundry room.
Why haven't I shown you yet?
because I haven't decided what to do about the shelves.

It's 85% perfect, and once I figure out those shelves I'll clue you in.
I'd thought of making a fabric curtain to cover them...
but now I am toying with the idea of painting the shelves,
(they're still white)
stenciling/ wallpapering the back wall, and adding pretty baskets for natural texture.

As I write that, I am envisioning it and reallllly think that's what I'll end up choosing.
Anyway...I'll post pics as soon as I decide and finish.

Now, where to find the best stencils....Let me know if you have a favorite!

I did find this one & haven't stopped dreaming about it.
Jones Design Company took on her entire office. I bet I can handle a small wall!



4 comments:

  1. No fair I thought we were going to see your new laundry room.

    I can't remember whose laundry room that is but I remember seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, did you get my mailing address for the gift card? I just noticed that your email address was not attached to the message you sent me so you probably didn't get it.

    Let me know and I will send it.

    Thanks Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great stencil companies out there, that it's hard to pick a favorite. I'd try Wallovers, Cutting Edge, Stencil Library, White Wall & Co., StencilEase, Designer Stencils... A good place to start looking is the designer links page at stencilsearch: (http://www.stencilsearch.com/resources/links/)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your sweet comments! i hope you enjoyed your time at a peace of home today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails