Thursday, July 14, 2011

Project Week :: Tuesday :: Stenciling

Tuesday, a jumble of words floated through my mind...

janky.
wompy.
tilt.
womperjod.
wonky.
crooked.

My mind's full concentration was focusing on creating
straight. level.even. traces of the stencil as I went up and down the walls in the laundry room. I was trying to avoid later describing my work with the words above. Just getting to the point of stenciling on Tuesday was quite the accomplishment. After this post some things went rather awry... but I'll save those details for another time!

I am so excited to tell you that all 4 of my laundry room walls are happily stenciled! In case you are new around these parts, this was the stencil I chose.


A handful of people doubted my idea to hand stencil, 
They said things like:
"won't that pattern be too busy?"
"that's going to take forever"
"i'm not sure how it will look"
"perhaps you're a little crazy"

Now, all I have to say is, "Don't let others' doubts cause you to doubt yourself!"

I looked around that laundry room, and was beaming from ear to ear. Yes, it was difficult at times, but the effort put in was SO SO worth it!

This weekend I hope hope hope to complete the walls by painting the traced lines, and next week the finished product will be revealed!




No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your sweet comments! i hope you enjoyed your time at a peace of home today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails