Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Remember those Louis XVI style chairs...

Those chairs I wrote about here.
Are you surprised that they still look the same as they did 3 months ago? ha.
Well, thanks to Lisa @ A Vintage Vine I have found new inspiration!



She just recently wrote a post about creating her own Wisteria Like Furniture.
Her $9 vintage table was transformed into this lovely.


The look she gave her table is exactly what I wanted my chairs to look like...
something like this.

source

So now I just need to convince hubby that stripping the stain
 and dealing with the harsh chemicals for me is a great weekend project... 
otherwise I'll have to wait until post baby to check this item of my 2011 goal list.
And I am just really getting sick of the fabric on these chairs!

blah.

and once they're refinished I'll recover the front and arms in a twill chocolate fabric


and the backs in this plaid, to add a little pizzazz and coordinate with our kitchen stools.


I love all the inspiration that is around every corner blogland.
Thanks, Lisa, for re-inspiring me to tackle this project!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your sweet comments! i hope you enjoyed your time at a peace of home today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails